• [En]
  • [Fr]

Special Permits and Licenses for Doing Business in Spain

Special Permits and Licenses for Doing Business in Spain

Updated on Monday 18th April 2016

Rate this article

based on 0 reviews

special_permits_and_licenses_in_spain.jpgEvery foreign investor who wants to open a business in Spain should know that he will need certain licenses or permits issued by the local authorities for performing certain types of economic activities. The main Spanish authorities that must be contacted for these permits are the municipal and regional governments where you need to begin your business.

If you don’t know the legislation in Spain and the local authorities that manage certain fields of activity, you may contact a law firm in Spain. The Spanish attorneys can act on behalf of you and obtain the necessary documents from the local authorities through a power of attorney.

Your obligation is to provide the required documents that will be submitted to the Spanish authorities by a local lawyer, no matter what type of permit or license you may need.

If you want to modify the space you use for your business – demolish certain parts, modernize, build a new structure etc., you will need a construction permit for which you will pay a fee. Other types of licenses are required if you intend to open a travel agency, repair shop, tattoo studio etc.  

When do you need a work permit?

One of the most important permits a foreigner need in Spain in order to work is the work permit. If you are an entrepreneur and you will work only for your business, you have to prove that you can support yourself, you have a qualification for doing that type of business. The application for the work visa can be submitted in your country of residence, at the Spanish embassy or consulate.  

The employees from the EU countries don’t need a work permit, but you must register with the National Employment Office in Spain and you are allowed to look for a job in the next 90 days and, after this period, you may ask for an extension. The work permit is mandatory for the non-EU citizens who want to work in Spain and who also need a visa. Obtaining a work permit may take up to six months because of the bureaucratic system.  

If you need more information about the permits and licenses you need for a certain business in Spain, you may contact our law firm in Spain. Our Spanish attorneys will help you obtain the documents you need without the obligation of presenting yourself in front of the Spanish authorities.


There are no comments

Comments & Requests

Please note that client queries should NOT be posted here but sent through our Contact page.