Spanish Programs for the Development of the Renewable Energy Sector
- Written by: Editor
- Posted: 2018-08-28
Spain is one of the countries with the highest rate of development in the field of renewable energy. The sector is sustained by the local government through several programs, addressed to both local and foreign investors. The programs are available under the Renewable Energies Action Plan (PANER) for 2011-2020, the latest plan to sustain the growth of renewable energy activities in Spain. Our team of Spanish lawyers can provide in-depth information on the programs that are designed for foreign investors.
PANER’s objectives in Spain
PANER was designed following the objectives of the previous plans to sustain the growth of renewable energy in Spain. Some of the main priorities established under PANER are the following:
• securing the supply of renewable energy;
• provide electricity in a manner that is not harmful to the environment;
• committing to the policies established by the European Union;
• aiming at supplying 22.7% of the total energy consumption in the form of energy obtained from renewable sources;
• obtaining a share of 42.3% of the gross electricity generation from renewable sources.
Businessmen who want to open a company in Spain in this industry should know that the local government provides under this plan various incentives, available for enterprises operating in the renewable energy sector. At the same time, incentives are available for the investments concluded in technological innovation. Our team of lawyers in Spain can offer in-depth assistance on the legislation available in this sense.
Main programs sustaining the Spanish renewable energy industry
Companies that have operations in the renewable energy sector should know that the Institute for Energy Diversification and Saving (IDAE) provides a set of programs, as follows:
• Biomcasa Program, available for businesses that offer energy supply based on biomass;
• Geotcasa Program, addressed to companies that provide geothermic installations in buildings;
• Strategic Projects Aid Program – offering incentives to businesses that invest in energy saving projects and efficiency technologies.
IDAE also provides other types of programs, that are used as instruments for offering financing and incentives for other renewable energy sectors and investors are invited to contact our law firm in Spain for in-depth advice regarding this subject.