• [En]
  • [Fr]

Trade Register in Spain

Trade Register in Spain

Updated on Monday 18th April 2016

Rate this article

based on 2 reviews

trade_register_in_spain.jpgThe companies opened in Spain by local or foreign businessmen must be registered with the local Trade Register or Registro Mercantil, where you can find details about all the firms in this country. For the foreign citizens interested in information about Spanish companies, there is a database in English that is available upon a surcharge that can be paid online. Using this database, you have access to information, such as the official address of the company, the tax ID, director's name etc., and the details will be sent to your e-mail address or they will be delivered online, at your request.

Please watch our video below on the Spanish Trade Register:

How to find out information about a Spanish company

The entrepreneurs who need more details about a Spanish company may go to the local office of the Trade Register and ask for detailed information. An alternative way of getting information is by using the database of the European Business Register. You don’t have to travel in order to access this database because the information is available online. For companies registered in Spain, you may get in touch with Colegio de Registradores de la Propriedad y Mercantiles de Espana.

How to register a company in Spain

When you want to open a company in Spain, you must register it with the local Trade Register. The first step of setting up a company is choosing a name for the company and verify it with the Trade Register in order to know if there is another firm having the same name.

Another step is choosing the proper type of company suitable for your business and for your future plans. The most popular type of company is the limited liability company that is preferred by entrepreneurs who perform small and medium businesses and the joint stock company is chosen mostly by investors who own a large business.

Before starting the registration of the new company, even if you are a foreign or a Spanish citizen and you have financial businesses in Spain, you should have NIE (tax identification number) that is used for financial transactions in this country. The foreign entrepreneurs can apply for NIE at a Spanish police station, at the foreigners department.

If you need help for registering a company in Spain, you may contact our law firm in Spain. Our attorneys in Spain will handle the entire procedure of company formation and they provide additional services, such as accounting or virtual office for foreign entrepreneurs.


There are no comments

Comments & Requests

Please note that client queries should NOT be posted here but sent through our Contact page.